"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I saw this quote yesterday and I think there is a lot of truth in it, so I'm going to go ahead and remind myself of what I am thankful for today.

"It's not happy people who are thankful, it's thankful people who are happy."

source


 I'm thankful for...

  • ...parents who always tell me they love me and that they are proud of me.  That goes a long way and gives me the courage to try new things.
  • ...the close bond I have with my sisters -  I can tell them anything.
  • ...Derek, who is able to make me laugh every day and helps me rationalize life.
  • ...amazing friends that I can lean on and turn to whenever I need advice or a smile.
  • ...my health and the health of my family and friends.  I'm fortunate, and I recognize that.
  • ...a job that I love that pays the bills.
  • ...the gorgeous weather here in North Carolina.  I love being able to run outside year round!
  • ...chocolate.  It's soooo good.
  • ...cameras.  I love looking back at pictures and reminiscing.
  • ...the troops who are serving and fighting for our country.  It's easy to forget that they are there, while we are so removed from it, but I'm thankful that they allow me to live my life the way I do.
  • ...my cozy little house.  After four years, it's starting to feel more and more like home.
  • ...Christmas decorations!  I get to put them up when I get back after Thanksgiving.  I'm excited just thinking about it!  (I might have cheated and put on thing out today.  Whoops.)
Last, but not least, and I am channeling my sister when I say this...

"I'm thankful I'm not the turkey."

No comments: