"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Lights

Over the past few years, it has become a tradition for Derek and I to go see the Christmas light shows in North Carlina for the holidays. Two years ago we went on a date to see the Lake Myra Christmas Lights. Then last year we went again with his family and it was so much fun! 

This year, we mixed things up and headed out to see the Meadow Lights. Meadow is a town in North Carolina where people who go all out for Christmas. I had heard about it for years and was so excited to go see them! I am like a five year old around lights - or maybe it's all holidays - but I really was so excited, I could barely stand it.

We headed to see the lights with Derek's parents after a nice dinner and it was amazing.





I'm pretty sure that these lights were all on one property, or at least they were mostly done by one family.  Jan said that they have been doing it so long that now the one who runs it all is the granddaughter of the original man that started it.  These lights not only document the whole story of Jesus' life, but they also go on for several acres!  There is a train you can ride around the property to see it all.  We opted out of that because the line was crazy!  But we did get to see a ton!



We even got to go in the candy store that they have next to the house.  It was really cute and so crowded!  I think that if you have specific preferences on what type of candy you want, you should go in early December because it was picked over, but we still found a bit of candy to take home. :)



How cute is that?!

I thought we were done after that, but on the way home we stopped in a neighborhood to look at another house that goes all out for Christmas.  WOW!  This was pretty impressive as well!




I wish I had made a video, because what you can't see are the elves, in the workshop, that actually move, the santa that was waving, and the helicopter that was flying.  There were so many moving lights!

It was such a fun night and a great tradition for the Christmas season.  If you live in North Carolina and haven't checked out the Lake Myra or Meadow Lights, I highly recommend it!





2 comments:

Nicole said...

Lauren you are the cutest thing ever! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I am sad I will be missing the little STC get together. Send my love. Xoxo

Lauren said...

Thanks Nicole! We sure missed you today! Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope to see you soon!