"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, December 1, 2011

DIY Wreath

Paula and I spotted this wreath at a store while shopping last week up in Geneva and we figured that we could probably make them for a whole lot cheaper.



So we did.  Or, she did.  I actually just watched.

The only materials we needed were old books, silver and gold paint, a piece of cardboard, and a hot glue gun.  Paula's turned out great!  I'm hoping I can get my act together and make one before the end of the holiday season.

The materials.

We painted the gold and silver on the edges of the pages to make them a little more defined and to add a little more color.

Getting started.
 Paula wrapped about a half of a page of the book around the end of a pen, put a dab of glue on it and then stuck it onto the cardboard.  Piece of cake.


At the end she filled in the gaps with extra book pages and added some more paint to some of the paper to make it glitter a little more.  Then we added a ribbon and hung it up.

Gorgeous.  I wish I had one.

Myself and the artist enjoying some girl time with my mom. 

4 comments:

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

so crafty! and I like yours better than teh original.

Lauren said...

Thank you!

Paula said...

yay!!! The wreath looks great in our condo in the city! I made a second one and some mini's as well...I'll send you pictures.

Lauren said...

Yay! Can't wait to see them!