"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, December 12, 2011

Pulled Pork and Ginger Ale

I made pulled pork a few weeks ago and I actually left my crockpot at home and on (!) while I went to work.  I was convinced that I was going to burn the house down, but I didn't.  Thank goodness.

I got the recipe from a friend and it was super easy.

Put pork in the crockpot and add about a 1/2 liter of ginger ale or enough to cover it.  I used about 1.8 lbs of pork.  Chop up 1/2 of an onion and put in on top of and around the pork (I only used about a 1/4 of the onion).  Cook on low all day.  I left in in there for about 10 hours.



Take the pork out and shred it.  It was so tender it practically fell apart.  Drain the juice.



Put it back in the crockpot and add about 1/2 a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  I used the "orginial recipe", but they said you could try any of them.  I let it cook for about another hour.


The pulled pork was pretty good!  You could definitely taste the onions and the ginger ale.  I think I liked it, but it was one of those tastes that were great on some bites and on others, a bit strong.  It added a little bit of an unexpected kick.  Pizaz, if you will.  Either way, it was super easy.

I just got another recipe for pulled pork this week and I can't wait to try it.  This one was good, but the verdict is still out.

No comments: