"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Break from Running

So I started off the new year determined to be more consistent with my running.  It was great!  I think I ran 3 miles or more for 7 days straight.  Then I had a really busy week and a half where I was on my feet about 8-10 hours a day and my foot started to hurt.  I'm not sure what it is or what happened.  I'm hoping it's nothing and that after I give it a little bit of a break it will be fine again.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one, can you tell?  I don't want to go to the doctor.  I don't want to hear what they have to say.

I have stopped running though.  I stopped about 5 days ago and I've noticed an improvement, so I'm going to keep this break going until it's totally better.

While I haven't been running, I've clearly still wanted to work out.  Lucky for me, I work at a place with a lot of opportunity to do just that.  Last week I swam and did a TRX workout and this week I started spinning.  We had 30 spin bikes delivered to the pool in December, so I might as well put them to good use. On Monday I spun for 25 minutes just to try it out.  I brought my ipod, a book, and a bottle of water.  It was pretty nice.  I tried it again yesterday, got lost in my book, and actually went for 48 minutes.  That's a pretty long time for me and it was quite the workout.  I was drenched in sweat when I finished.

I'm going to try to keep this up for a while...wish me luck.  And keep your fingers crossed that my foot is better ASAP.

4 comments:

Paula said...

you should try a spinning class! its so much more fun than doing it on your own - do they have them? love you and hope your foot continues to feel better!

Nicole said...

You just have to mix it up sometimes. I wish I had your passion and commitment to working out. And I agree with Paula, you should try a spinning class! They absolutely rock!

Lauren said...

Thanks guys! I might try a class if I can find a good deal on one. If I do, I'll let you know how it is. Hope you both are doing well!

Paula said...

you should see if you can find someone to do them at TAC!