"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Re-cap!

I forgot to take a camera home, but thanks to my mom and my phone I have a few pictures to share with you.  It was a whirlwind, quick four day stay, but it was so fun.  I love getting to spend time with everyone and it was so nice to catch up with old friends!

On Christmas Eve it was just Catherine, mom, dad, and I but we still had fun and I think I laughed more at dinner than I had in a while.







Christmas morning it was still just Cath and I as Paula and Matt didn't join us until that afternoon.  So, we embraced it.


My aunt and uncle and cousins came over around noon and we had a full house!  My mom cooked a huge ham and it was soooo good.  It was just so nice to see everyone.  I know, I can't say that enough, but for me, it doesn't happen often enough, so I like to cherish it.  I wish I had more pictures...

And then after Christmas dinner we got together for the traditional family photo shoot.




After dinner, we had dessert and got a chance to celebrate my dad's birthday!  He is so lucky to have such a special birthday.







It was so great.  I can't wait 'til next year!

2 comments:

Corey said...

I love your hair in those last family pictures!

Lauren said...

Thanks Corey! Catherine did it for me. I wish I could figure out how to do it myself.