"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, January 13, 2012

Easy Caprese Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it really is super easy.

Ingredients:

raw chicken
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
8 oz fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch cubes
salt
ground pepper

To start, cook your chicken however you want to.  I would have grilled it if it were nicer out but I went with cooking it on the stove just because I was pressed for time.



For the sauce - I'm going to call it salsa, because it's more like a salsa than a sauce - you start by putting the chopped onions in hot olive oil on the stove.  Cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked.  Add the tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, water, and salt and pepper.  Continue cooking for about two minutes on low heat.  Take off heat, mix in mozzarella.

Pour the salsa on top of the chicken and serve.  It is delicious.  I had seconds.  I couldn't help myself.  Lucky for me, it's pretty healthy!  Enjoy!

(I totally forgot to take pictures after the first one...oh well.)

No comments: