"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, January 27, 2012

New Do

Hair - it's a love-hate thing with me.  Some days, when I have time to do it, I love it.  I take my time, I feel like it looks good, and I love that it is long.  Other days, when I'm busy (or lazy) I don't take time on it, let it air dry, pull it up in a pony tail and I hate it.  It looks awful.  




Anyway...lately, I haven't been spending too much time on it and it has kind of become a thorn in my side. I thought about chopping it.  My little sister chopped hers in the fall and it looks adorable, and we kind of look alike, so I think I could pull it off.

But then I see pictures like this,

          
                                           source
source

and I think that I want to keep it long.
I just couldn't decide.

So, I went to the salon to get my hair did this week.  I've been going to the same girl for about 4 years now.  I love her!  And I recommend that all of my friends go to her.  And before I stuck with her, I went to whoever was cheapest at whatever salon had the earliest appointment.  I always wait too long before making an appointment and by the time I get around to it my split ends are out of control and I need it fixed ASAP.  So anyway, she made an impression on me and I won't let anyone else touch my hair now.  

I like to think we are friends, even though I only get my hair cut every 6 months.  She makes me talk.  I used to feel so awkward and pray that the hair dresser not talk to me while I was there.  But she's a chatter.  And she's made me a chatter.  And now we're friends!  At least in my mind we are; I'm sure she is like that with all her clients.

So, after long deliberation and some chatting Amy (my hairdresser) talked me into staying long.

And I did. 

All that lead up for such an exciting climax to the story. :)  I've been told I'm a wonderful story teller.  

So without further ado, here is the new do.


I'm aware that it's not that different.  It's actually almost exactly the same haircut.  But we did add some long bangs.  And its sooooo much healthier!

Baby steps.  Maybe I'll chop it or dye it next time.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it Laur! And while I was reading, I was hoping you were going to post a pic, and you did!

Lauren said...

Thanks Nicole!