"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rainy Day Galoshes

When I was up north for Christmas I found some awesome galoshes on sale at DSW.  They are red and black, so when I saw them, my first thought was to wear them to football games this fall to keep my feet dry...kinda like this game when we got drenched?  I figured it would be perfect for Wolfpack football season and seeing as I only paid about $15 for them after the discount and my mom's coupon, I was content to wait until fall to put them to use.

I was content to wait, that is, until it rained all day this past Saturday.  I had to wear 'em!  I pulled the galoshes out of the box and wore them to the grocery store.  That's right - the grocery store.  It was raining, it was cold, and I really didn't want to leave the house anyway after a full day of work, but my boots gave me a little push out the door.

Those are some nice lookin' galoshes...




Ok, I will admit it.  I love the word "galoshes". It might be one of my favorites.
That might have been the reason behind this post.  I wanted to see how many times I could say it.  Galoshes.