"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Run In the New Year

I started out 2012 with a bang.  I ran a 5k race that started at midnight.  The Run In the New Year (RITNY) is a run benefiting the Miracle League of the Triangle.  It was fun to not only do something healthy, but also help a great cause.
Isn't this picture great?!
I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the run considering how tired I felt at about 11:30 and how I was sick for the past two weeks, but I did it!  And it felt pretty good.  The weather cooperated and while it was chilly...it was way better than it could have been.  

Derek, Jan, and I ran, while Dusty watched and took pictures...Check them out.


Derek and the lead car (errr, rollerskate?)

Jan and Dusty

Getting ready to go.




I think the only bad part about this was waiting until midnight.  There wasn't much going on until the actual race, and because I normally go to bed fairly early, I was ready for bed as people were headed to the start line.  The race started and ended where Derek works, so we got to hang out in his office while we waited...here we are waiting...




I hope you all had a great New Years Eve!

No comments: