"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

I hope that yesterday was filled with lots and lots of love for you.  I know it was for me...

- I got a sweet card from Derek in the morning.

- Talked to some great friends and family on the phone.

- Found a wonderful care package from my mom in the mailbox! I've been getting these heart shaped brownies since college and I still look forward to them like a giddy 5 year old every year.  :)



- Heard some amazing news that made me grin from ear to ear.

- Got lots of love from my swimmers at practice (and way too many chocolates!).

- Had a wonderful dinner with my Valentine at our new favorite sushi place. 



- Got a surprise desert, homemade, planned out, and decorated just for me.


It was a pretty great day all around.  
It's the little things in life that make me happy.  

2 comments:

Paula said...

yay!!! sounds like it was a great Valentines Day! xoxo

Lauren said...

It was!! Love you!! xoxo