"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, March 9, 2012

Back in the Game



Running Update:

I have started running again.  It is slow going, but slowly but surely, I am getting back into running shape.  I've been trying to make sure that I take a rest day after each run so that I don't over do it and injure myself in anyway.  I also limited myself to only 2-3 mile runs for the first two weeks because I didn't want to build my mileage too quickly.  It's been going well and I am starting to feel my body changing and adjusting and I am reminded of why I love it so much.

Yesterday, I had a flexible day and after my morning meetings I walked outside to a 75 degree, breezy, sunny day.  I high-tailed it home and set off on a run.  I knew I was going to want to stay outside for as long as possible, so I started off saying 3 miles at the most running, and then I told myself I would walk after that.  Well...I ended up changing my mind.  I went pretty slowly and took a few walking/stretch breaks to make sure I didn't over-do it and to make sure my back didn't spasm up (I've been having problems with that too).  I ended up going 5 miles!  And, I felt like I could have done it twice.  It was amazing.

It was so nice to be outside on such a nice day, to feel my body getting stronger, and to be relaxed.  I cannot wait for more spring weather like this.  It's so motivating to run in great weather!