"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Very Random Thoughts

Source: google.com via Lauren on Pinterest


- I was speaking with one of my masters swimmers today and she revealed her real age to me - 76!!  This woman swims four days a week at 5:30am.  Wow.  I don't know if I would do that right now unless it was a part of my job - let alone 50 years from now!! That is incredibly impressive and she does not look a day over 65.  I hope I have the discipline and drive to continue working out throughout my life.

- It is 81 degrees outside right now.   Sitting in my office without windows is really depressing, but the idea that this weather will be here to stay soon is keeping me going.  Oh, and that walk I took at lunch.  I am so ready for summer!

- I've been running again!  I don't want to jinx it and I am starting slowly, but I am working my way back into it.  My foot still hurts on occasion, but I don't think it's being caused by the running, so I will keep it up.  More info on that to come soon.

- I have a week off at Easter...anyone have any cheap, fun things to do?  I need ideas.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

So jealous it is 81 where you are!!!!

Corey said...

Glad you had a warm day to enjoy. Just got word it turned back to 50's for you. Boooo! COME TO FLORIDA! :D

Lauren said...

Thanks! It did get cold again today - and rainy. Boo is right. I think a trip to Florida would be amazing!