"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

My dad came into town last week to help me fix some things up around the house and my mom followed on Friday.  It was so nice to get to spend time with the two of them and I am so excited that I got to spend Easter with them!

Here is a breakdown of the week...

My dad helped me with some tasks:
  • Weather stripping the front door
  • Painting the master bath
  • Caulking in the bathrooms
  • Re-wiring my smoke detector
  • Landscaping
  • Changing light bulbs (yes, I am that bad)



He also got to play some golf with Derek and Dusty, we saved a snapping turtle's life and I treated him to some home-cooked meals.  :)

My mom came in on Friday night so the weekend was jam-packed.  Saturday morning we hit up the Flea Market (which was crazy crowded!) and then we headed to lunch to sit in the sun and enjoy the view of the city.





After that Derek and my dad headed to the driving range and my mom and I went shopping.  I think I tried on every dress in Cameron Village and I still have nothing to show for it.  I did not find a dress for the wedding we are going to this weekend, but I did find a sun dress - maybe for the rehearsal dinner?

Saturday night we went to dinner at The Pit, one of the best NC barbeque restaurants I know of.  It's a must for out of town visitors!  We had a blast!






Sunday we went to early church and then headed back to my place to get the food ready.  We had Jan and Dusty over for Easter lunch and it was so fun!  I forgot to take any pictures :( but it was so nice to be able to spend a holiday with Derek and both of our parents.  After lunch we went on a nice long walk and enjoyed the sun.

Sunday night, after a little bit of Masters and resting on the couch we played some putt-putt.  Derek was victorious, but I was only one stroke behind!!





Yesterday we ran some errands and tied up some loose ends before I had to drop my parents off at the airport.  My mom couldn't stand the hole in my couch so she stitched it up in five minutes.  She had been begging to do that all weekend.  I'm pretty lucky that they like to help me out so much.  If I had taken that to a tailor it would have cost me!



Thank you Mom and Dad, for all that you do!  It was a wonderful week!  Love you!

1 comment:

mom said...

Thanks so much for having us. We had a wonderful time and it was nice to get away. We are so proud of you.