"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 2: Workouts



Yesterday marked the end of week two of training for me.  I'm training to get back into shape to be able to start a marathon training plan on June 1.  The second week went well and I'm starting to feel much more fit.

Monday:  4 miles
Tuesday: strength training
Wednesday:  3 miles
Thursday: off
Friday:  5 miles and strength training
Saturday: 4 miles
Sunday:  off

I kept my pace under a 10 minute mile pace and it was actually closer to a 9:30 pace most of the time.  That is an improvement!  I'm hoping to keep upping the mileage and increasing the pace as I go.

Wish me luck for week 3!

No comments: