"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A (kind of) Healthy Dessert

Yogurt Pie


I can't remember how or when we started making this, but I remember that I loved to make it during the summers when I came home from college.  It is a mostly healthy dessert that is pretty light.  It itches that scratch for somethings sweet without leaving you feeling guilty and over-sugared. 

Ingredients: 
2 things of yogurt, your choice of flavor.  I used Yoplait Low Fat Raspberry because it's my favorite. 
1 tub of Cool Whip (I used low fat, of course).
1 graham cracker crust in a foil pie pan.  These can be found in any grocery store.

Mix the yogurt and cool whip in a bowl.  I use a 1:1 ratio.  Half yogurt, half cool whip.  It does not need to be perfect by any means and I use about half of the cool whip. 

Take the mixture and pour it into the graham cracker crust.  Freeze overnight. 



That's it!!  Before serving, let it sit out on the counter for about 10 minutes so it's soft enough to eat with a fork. 

YUM!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Lauren, it is like you read my mind! I am in need of a light, summer treat to keep my sweet cravings at bay during the bikini weather. Can't wait to try!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

I LOVE coolwhip pies. A different version is to make healthy "ice cream" sandwiches by placing a dollop of {french vanilla} cool whip between 2 lowfat graham crackers and place them in a tupperware in the freezer...after a few hours/day the grahams soften and the coolwhip hardens and it is DELISH. :)

Lauren said...

Glad I could help Nicole :)

And Cassie - that sounds like a great idea! I might try those ice cream sandwiches! YUM.