"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 5: Workouts



This week was rough.  As mentioned in last week's post, I was feeling pretty tired.  I kept going, however, and listed to Jan's advice.  I didn't get as many miles in this week, but I made them worth it.

Monday: 4 miles and core work
Tuesday: 2.5 miles w/stadiums
Wednesday: 4 miles w/hill intervals
Thursday: off (soooo sore!)
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: core work and strength
Sunday: off

Total:  16.5 miles

I'm happy with it and even though the mileage is less, I feel it in my legs.  I have never before actually trained on hills.  I ran a lot of stadiums in college, but never hills.  My quads were incredibly sore the day after the hill sprints so I know I needed them.  And the mix-up in the routine made my 6 mile run on Friday quite pleasant.


No comments: