"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Brussel Sprout Salad

I know, I know.  Unless you are really weird like me, Brussel Sprout Salad is not a title that will get you excited to eat.  But don't knock it 'til you try it!



I saw this over on The Scribble Pad a few days ago, so I cannot take credit for it, but man, is it good!

Ingredients:
-brussels sprouts
-lemon juice
-freshly grated parmesan cheese
-ground pepper
-olive oil
-walnuts

Toast walnuts.  Thinly slice raw brussels sprouts and place in a bowl. Add the chopped walnuts when they are cooled. Add the rest of the ingredients to taste and toss.  I found I liked it best with more lemon flavor and on the day after I had made it, after letting it sit in the fridge for a bit.  The lemon flavor with the parmesan accent was so good!








Can you tell the theme of the summer food is healthy?  I'm working on eating better.  The exercise comes easily to me...the eating healthy part...not so much.



Give it a try and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Paula said...

YUM!!! looks delicious to me!