"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Father's Day!



My dad is the best.  I can remember when we were little, he would always ask us, "who wants to go to the store with me?!" Like it was the coolest thing in the world.  When I tagged along, we would have these long, conversations about everything and anything that came to mind.  As I got older, some of my favorite times with my dad are during car rides, while we are still having those conversations.  They are now deeper, normally pretty philosophical and centering on how we are going to change the world.  What would we do if we were president?  How would we solve the worlds problems?  It seems funny, but these conversations are some of my favorite things in the world.

 

Are we going to do the great things that we talk about?  Maybe.  But what we are doing is sharing our dreams and our hopes and supporting each other with their dreams and hopes.  The best part - I know that if I ever wanted to try any of these crazy schemes, I know that he'd be right behind me the whole way.



One more reason he is the best...the other day when I asked him what he wanted for father's day, he said nothing.  I, of course, gave him a hard time.  "We're going to get you something anyway, so it might as well be something you want." etc, etc.  He said something that made a pretty big impact on me.  He said, "I have all I ever wanted in your mother, you, and your sisters, and I don't need anything else.  You are everything that I need."  Doesn't that just make your eyes tear up?  It does mine.



So, yeah, my dad is the best.  And I really wish I could be with him today to celebrate his day.  
But I'll get to see him soon.

I love you Dad.


2 comments:

Carol said...

Sure made me tear up!!! Dad loves your conservations too. Might be smart to skip politics though!!

Paula said...

awww, so sweet! and i love the pictures!