"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, June 4, 2012

Workouts: Week 7

Source: pindar.info via Lauren on Pinterest


Cannot believe I'm already on week 7!  It seems like I just started this a few days ago.

This past week was a good one.  I had my first long run (defined by me as being over 6 miles) and I felt pretty good!

Monday: Off.  It was a holiday.  I went to the pool :)
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: Off
Thursday:  4 miles and weights
Friday: 5 miles - For some reason this was one of the hardest runs I've ever done.  I don't know if it is the weight training from the day before or the crazy humidity, but I was struggling like crazy.
Saturday: Off
Sunday:  7.25 miles - I was planning on going farther, but I slept in and the direct sunlight of my 11am start was making me dizzy so I called it quits a little early.

Total:  22.25 Miles

I'll take it.  I reached my goals, learned a few lessons (ahem, not sleeping in until 10am on the day of a long run in the NC summer heat), and am still feeling great!  My foot rarely bothers me anymore.  I never went to the doctor, so I still have no idea what it was, but hopefully that pain is gone for good.  I also am continuing to learn to listen to my body.  After that crazy, awful 5 mile run on Friday I took Saturday to rest.  I made sure to drink a ton of water and was conscious about getting off my legs when it wasn't necessary.  By Saturday I was feeling great again, but I still waited until Sunday for the big run.

One more week closer!  My summer schedule will start getting busy right about now so I will really have to work to keep my miles up.  I have swim meets the next 3 weekends.  One of them is a 5 day trip with the team...we will have to see how that goes...

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: