"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, June 11, 2012

Workouts: Week 8

Source: google.nl via Lauren on Pinterest


This was a big week!!  And yes, right now I am feeling fierce.  Hahaha.

Monday:  Off
Tuesday:  5.5 miles
Wednesday:  Off
Thursday:  5 miles
Friday:  3.25 miles + Strength
Saturday:  Off
Sunday:  10 miles

Total:  23.75 miles

This week was great!!  I felt pretty good leading up to the long run and I think I could have gone farther on that run if I wasn't worried about getting to work late.  It was probably a good idea I didn't push it because I don't want to overdo it.  Baby steps.  My long run was done at about 10:30 pace overall.  I had some 9:30 miles in there, but it went in waves, feel good for 4 miles, bad for 2, good for 2, bad for 1, good for one.  It's all part of the experience though.

This coming week is super busy for me at work, so I knew I wouldn't be getting many runs in over 3-4 miles.  I figured I would make it a recovery week for just that reason.  So Sunday, I set off thinking that I would go as far as I could in the allotted time that I had.  My goal was to top 8 miles.  That I did :).  This week I will get as much running in as I can, but I have about 30 minutes free between 7am and 8pm each day, so we will see...

Happy Monday!!


No comments: