"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Knight's Play

This past weekend I got to spend some time with Derek and it was so nice!  Derek loves to golf, and I am so thankful that I can hold my own out on the course (Thank you for teaching me Dad!!).  Sunday it was over 100 degrees, so we made an 8 o'clock tee time thinking that it might cool down.  It did a little bit, but even better, we found a little breeze!  Yay!

Anyway, it turned out so nice and we had a blast!!!  We made good use of the cart and when we went fast I got to experience some "redneck air conditioning".










I even played kind of well...I'm getting better :) Still not close to Derek's skills.  But I can hold my own!  

I'm not very good at chipping or putting.  D is teaching me to work on my speed.  I aim well with my shots, but I normally over-shoot the hole like crazy.  By the end of the 18 holes I was starting to see some improvement. I'm glad I have such a great coach!



No comments: