"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Showering BS with Love

Last weekend I traveled to Chicago while my mom, Catherine and I hosted a baby shower for Paula and Baby Strozak.  We had a blast planning and decorating and baking.  It was so good to spend time with everyone!


The Spread.  Yummy!



My mom and I had some fun making our first diaper cake.


My dad refinished the rocking chair for Paula. Excellent work Dad!


My aunt made that quilt for Paula as a surprise.  She is so talented!





Check out our handy-work with the cupcakes...Cath and I should open our own shop, right?!





The cool kids - Claire, Cath, Coach, Mom, and Maggie.


Paula, Matt, and Margaret (Matt's sister).  Don't mind Matt's shirt...he had been holding his new niece who drooled all over him :).



Chief wanted to be in the picture too.


The dessert spread.


The happy parents-to-be opening their surprise present at the end of the day.  It was good for a few laughs.

It was such a fun day and I hope Paula, Matt and Baby S felt loved!  I can't wait to meet my little nephew.

The aftermath...Paula is quite the organizer.



Check out Paula's blog for more info about BS and her pregnancy.


2 comments:

Corey said...

Looks like fun! Glad you got to take a trip there :)

Paula said...

thanks so much for our awesome shower!!! it was perfect and we loved it! you are the best!!! can't wait to see you again soon :-)