"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Workouts: Week 12



Holy cow!  I can't believe we are already at week 12!!  I have about 12 more weeks left until the marathon. Crazy!  Crazy because it seems so soon, but even crazier because my training has not been great.

We broke records here this week - a record for the most consecutive days over 100 degrees ever!  Needless to say, it has been tough to get runs in because it is so dang hot!  In addition to that, during this 100 degree weather I spent three full days outside at a swim meet.  I tried waking up before work on those days to run, but it didn't go well.  When you know you will be sitting in a sweat bath for 10 hours, it is difficult to find motivation to sweat more.

I know those are excuses.  I'm bad.  I have no explanation.  And here is what I did manage to do...

Monday:  4 miles
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: 2.5 miles
Thursday: 6 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: off
Sunday:  4 mile run, 800 swim, 18 holes of golf :)

Total:  16.5

Definitely not where I need to be.  Sigh.  If anyone has any tips for running in the heat, please share them!!

2 comments:

Corey said...

From Cayman I learned that your body adjusts to temperatures pretty quickly. So just keep doing it outside, instead of switching to indoors. Aside from that, start as early as possible (or as late as you can, if that's your thing), take lots of water, and wear the right material in your clothing.

Keep it up! :)

Lauren said...

Thanks Corey!