"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Girls Beach Weekend

Last weekend I headed to Myrtle Beach for a girls weekend with Sarah and Andrea, two of my best friends.  We had an absolute blast:  talked non-stop, became beach bums, watched the Olympics, laughed so much my stomach still hurts, and explored the local culture.  


We watched part of the opening ceremonies at a burger joint.


Enjoyed the gorgeous weather!



We found a hole-in-the-wall Italian place that was delicious!



We got some sun...probably a little too much.  We need to focus more on sunscreen on the next trip.




A weekend with these gals wouldn't be normal without a little bit of an adventure...we had a car battery issue after dinner Saturday night.  Luckily, a bus-boy was kind enough to jump it for us.  We tried to help him, but he opted to do it all himself - I'm guessing we weren't much of a help :).


 There was live music right on the beach at our hotel, so after dinner each night we went to sit on the deck and listen.  There were fireworks every night - you know I loved that!


I'm sure the people around us thought we were so strange, but we had a blast reminiscing, showing off our dance moves and posing for the camera.




What a weekend.  I am so lucky that I have such great friends.  



No comments: