"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Summer Salad

This weekend I wanted to make something for dinner and I had no idea what.  All I knew was that I was in the mood for a bit of lime.  So I headed to Harris Teater to find something.  

Here is what I picked up: 
-2 limes
-1 lemon
-bowtie pasta
-1 avacado
-raw shrimp
-1 can corn
-1 container grape tomatoes
-Fresh basil

Here is what I did with it...

1.  Cook the pasta.
2.  Marinate the shrimp in the juice squeezed from 1/2 of a lime and 1/2 of a lemon.  Cook on the grill in my grill-pan.
2.  Cut avacado, cut tomatoes, and put them in a big bowl with the corn.
3.  Add juice squeezed from the other 1 1/2 of the limes left over.  
4.  Add a bit of fresh, chopped basil.
5.  Add pasta and shrimp after they are chilled. 
6.  Mix it all together and chill in the fridge for an hour.
(Add as much or as little of the ingredients as you would like, you can't go wrong!)

Eat!! 



So good and super easy.

No comments: