"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

House Updates

I had a bit of free time lately before I started my new job and I spent a lot of it fixing up my house.  I've been here for four and a half years, so things needed to be deep cleaned, repainted, fixed up, etc.  I repainted the foyer and switched up the decorations, I repainted the living room and switched up a few things.  I also got to add a few new things, (thanks Paula and Matt!)


This is how it all started.  I tried about 4-5 different samples of gray on the walls first.  You can see the little squares everyone on the wall.  Once I picked Rockport Gray by Benjamin Moore, I got to work.  This was a big task!  I think both coats of the living room took me two days and the kitchen took another day.  The stairway has yet to be tackled :)  but hey, it looks great until you start up to the second level.  I love the new color.  It's a little darker and a lot less green!  I'm still in the process of deciding how to decorate and what colors I want to use, but this is what I have right now...

This print was a bday present to myself :) it hangs above the fridge now.

I painted the entry-way a darker gray and re-arranged the hanging stuff.  Don't mind the mess, please.

This gives you an idea of the new wall colors, and you can see the awesome print Paula and Matt gave me for my bday. 

I'm sure I'll have another update for you soon, especially because I switch things up daily now. 

2 comments:

mom said...

I really like the colors! When you first told me gray I wasn't sure but I like it.

Lauren said...

Thanks Mom!!