"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Big 28

Yesterday was my birthday and holy cow; I am officially old.  

I celebrated with my family in Rhode Island last week.  Every year growing up, I always got to celebrate my birthday at the beach.  It was awesome because that meant I got to see my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents too!  In a family like mine, where we kind of live all over the map, a birthday with extended family was the coolest thing in the world.  It still is.  Living half-way across the country from my parents and sisters, it is quite amazing that I still get to celebrate with them.  I am so thankful for it.  


Did I mention that we turn into 5 year olds when we cross the state line into Rhode Island??  Seriously...the closer we get to the cottage, the more ridiculous we act.


Paula doesn't eat the lobsters.  She thinks it is sad. :(



For dinner on our birthdays growing up, it was a treat to get to pick what we had for dinner.  I was always the luckiest because Grandma would cook her blueberry cake for my dessert :).  I requested two of my favorite foods, lobster and swordfish and my mom happily agreed.  It was delicious!!  We love playing with the lobsters and a few years ago Catherine researched and figured out how to hypnotize the lobsters.  We can now make them fall asleep.



I love my family.  They always know how to make a birthday gal feel special.





Last night, on my actual birthday, Derek and I enjoyed an awesome dinner to celebrate too!  What a lucky gal I am!  I feel very, very special.



 Here is to a great year!!




1 comment:

Paula said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!