"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, August 27, 2012

Workouts: Week 19









This week was a pretty good one!  Well, running wise, at least.  I made up my missed long run from last week and I completed my long run for this week.  Overall, I am feeling good.  I had a really hard time recovering from my long run on Saturday.  I'm not sure if I was already sick and I just exaserbated it or if I made myself sick by running and maybe not hydrating well?  Either way, I spent a lot of time resting this weekend and today is my first day of school.  Finger's crossed that it goes well.

Monday:  13 miles
Tuesday: off
Wednesday:  6 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: off
Saturday:  15 miles
Sunday:  off

Total:  37 miles



2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi there! I'm new to your blog and haven't commented before but had to ask-- did completing two long runs this week kill you? I'm training to run NYC in November and have been having on and off issues with my left foot. I saw a doctor on Thursday who told me to skip my LR Saturday (11 miles) and keep up cardio, strength training, etc. After focusing SO MUCH of my time on training, it about killed me to miss it. I'd love to try a long run out today to catch up, then still complete my 12 miler this upcoming Saturday.

Loving the blog and the running inspiration :)

Lauren said...

Katie,

I did not feel like the run itself was that bad. I actually ended with 4 pretty fast miles. What I did notice was that the recovery time was longer. That could have been because I have a cold or because of lack of hydration as well. Overall though, no that bad!

I would be careful though, if you have an injury. You wouldn't want to make it worse.

Thanks!