"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Bucket List

This is a new trend I've seen on Pinterest, but I am all about the daily goals to get myself out and moving in the world, so I'm jumping on board.

Here is a list of the things I want to accomplish this fall.  Some of them are obvious (ahem, marathon and squeezing baby cheeks) and some are just for fun.  And of course, they are in no particular order, I just wrote them as they came to me :).  What do you like to do in the fall?!

1.  Drink pumpkin coffee on my back porch with a good book.

2.  Make the pumpkin bread I found last year that was so tastey and easy!  Easy Pumpkin Break via Pinterest



3.  Have a pumpkin carving party.  I did this three years in a row when I moved here and then the last two years, I just got too busy.  I think it is a tradition I need to reinstate.




4. Go to a pumpkin patch.  Buying pumpkins at the Harris Teater is just not the same.  I want to try the corn maze, take a hay ride, and drink some hot cider.  It's the whole experience that counts!

5. Buy some pumpkin or apple scented candles to burn so that my house smells fantabulous!

6. Go to a football game.  Whether  it be high school or college.  There is something about the fall and football that just feels so comfortable and American.

7. Run a marathon!

8. Spoil my baby sister rotten for her birthday!



9. Cuddle my new little nephew and take pictures so that I can remember every moment with him when I come back to NC.  Oh, and spoil  him rotten too, so that he always remembers that I am the favorite auntie.


10. Find some fall decor for my house...a wreath maybe?  pumpkin centerpeice?  table runner?  something.

11. Have a bonfire (might be difficult, because this is not happening in my townhome backyard)

12. Run the Color Me Rad 5K.

13. Run the City of Oaks half-marathon.

14. Finish painting my stairwell/upstairs hallway.

15. Have a girls night.

16.  Find a costume for Halloween as I just got my first costume party invite... ideas are welcome.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that is what I'm looking forward to for the fall!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love your fall bucket list! Fall is my absolute favorite season and nothing makes me happier than the first day that I can open all of my windows and burn my apple/pumpkin candles :) I have a similar bucket list that I'm slowly working to check things off of- good idea for a blog post!

So exciting that your marathon is coming up-- I can't wait to read the recap since Chicago is my next goal marathon next fall. Congrats on your new little nephew-- he's adorable and it's just too easy to spoil them rotten. My little man knows exactly who Aunt Katie is-- we make the best use out of Skype and FaceTime :)

Carol said...

Love your list and can't wait to see you and give you the biggest hug possible and maybe some butterfly kisses!!!

Carol said...

Love your bucket list and can't wait to see you and give you the biggest hug and some butterfly kisses. See you soon!!!