"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Spectator

This past weekend was the City of the Oaks half marathon.  
I didn't run it, but I did get to see it!

After the marathon, something was up with my foot.  It swelled up a bit and was pretty painful for a few weeks, so I did not run for three whole weeks.  I was planning on running the half this weekend, but after only a handful of runs in a month, I didn't think that it was the best idea.  I did, however, want to go cheer!

During the Chicago marathon, it was so inspiring to see all of the spectators cheering, yelling, and showing their support.  I figured if I couldn't run, at least I would be able to give back and show some support for the other runners.

It was a gorgeous day and I got to see two spots the 8 mile spot and the finish.  There were so many familiar faces!!







 It was pretty inspiring to watch, too.  It made me really wish that I had run it.  Maybe next year ;)  
Congrats to all the runners!



No comments: