"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Broccoli Done Right

Last week on Pinterest, I saw a pin that declared the recipe to be the "Best Broccoli of Your Life."  That's quite a statement.  While I don't love broccoli, I really don't mind it's taste, so I figured this had to be pretty good if the average broccoli-hater even loved it and since I am trying to eat a little healthier, I had to give it a try.  Here is the original recipe.

Now, per usual, I did not have all of the original ingredients, so I made it my own.  I scrapped some things and added some others. I didn't have fresh garlic and I didn't use olive oil.  I kept it pretty simple.

Here is what I did: 

- lay broccoli on a cookie sheet.  I covered my cookie sheet with tinfoil and Pam for easy clean-up :)
- sprinkle generously with lemon juice
- sprinkle with freshly grated parmesian cheese
- add salt and pepper
- cook at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes

I was hopeful, but wow! this recipe far exceeded my expectations.  It is a.maze.ing.  You have to try it.  I will eat broccoli every day if I can cook it like this.  The pin said it works for asparagus too, I will be trying that next!

I of course, forgot to take pictures, so do without.  But I promise, it's good.  

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: