"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Favorites

1.  I taught myself how to do a sock bun.  Thank goodness - a quick, easy, kinda cute way to wear my hair.  Love it.



2.  We had our big State Championship swim meet this past weekend and it was so fun for me to see my team starting new traditions.  The boys all gave themselves mohawks for the meet.  Awesome, I love this tradition.  Little did they know, when I was in high school, we used to dye our hair for the state meet.  I also got my flair on and made sure that my nails were nice and school spirited for the event. :)  Oh, and it paid off - we won!!

 Old-school.  This is my coach and myself as a junior in high school.  Hello hot pink hair!! 


3. I got a Valentine's Day care package from my parents.  Yesssss.  They are so thoughtful and I know I am technically a grown-up, but most days I still feel like a little kid, so it is perfect.  A nice little piece of home.


4.  I have started running again!! Last week I went to Lake Johnson to run with a friend and we saw this guy there fishing.  Needless to say, I snapped the picture and we booked it out of there.  



5.  Paula posted some pictures on her blog from Christmas and one of them just make so incredibly happy.  I wanted to share it with you.  What a wonderful holiday it was :)



1 comment:

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Hello Lauren,
I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can find more information about it on my post here... http://ashley-to-awesome.blogspot.com/2013/03/lie...

The award is given to small bloggers with less than 200 followers. I enjoy reading your blog and really wanted to pass this along to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ashley