"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Making Good on My Promise



At the beginning of the year I promised myself that this year would be different.  Last year was tough for me, but I promised myself that January 1st turned over a new leaf.  This year I would be happy, I would live with purpose, and I would work towards my goals.  Those are very ambiguous goals, and definitely not measurable, so when I saw a creative way to break them down a little bit more (source), I made a point to repeat it.  Identify what you will say yes to, and what you will say no to.  It's simple, and it makes sense.  I'm thankful that I saw this. 

To continue my goal of 2013 being my best year yet, here is my plan.

In 2013 I am saying yes to...

- eating healthier
- working out 4 times a week
- taking time to pray
- forgiveness
- hanging out with the girls
- making time for my family
- being a positive person
- reading more
- doing things for ME
- letting me be me and owning it
- taking more pictures
- spontaneity
- sending snail mail


In 2013 I am saying no to...

- wasting money
- jobs that aren't my passion
- trying to please everyone
- wasting time on social media
- negative people
- clutter
- unfinished projects
- waiting for tomorrow





Yes, today's is Valentine's Day.  I am spending the day making Valentine's cards in Spanish with my classes and the night with great friends. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. 

1 comment:

Paula said...

i love your lists!!! they are great... and i love your orange quote :-) love you so much!