"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Favorites

1.  Cooking.  I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I've been cooking a ton!  Most of it is healthy too!  In the past two weeks I've tried grilling brussells sprouts, bisquick-less pancakes, and healthy chocolate cake.

2.  Lime Green.  I love that lime green is everywhere right now!!  It has been my favorite color for years now, but it has not always been acceptable to wear said color.  I went to the mall yesterday and you can get anything in the color - jeans, khaki shorts, shirts, shoes, etc - the list goes on!  I actually bought a pair of lime green skinny cropped jeans and I cannot wait to wear them.  It's the color of my new team, so I will hopefully get some use out of them!



3.  March Madness.  Good basketball, a little bit of healthy bracket competition, and lots of fun rivalry.  ESPN just got a little more interesting.  It also helps that I am that random girl that has won the pot two out of the last five years by dumb luck.  I know very little about the sport.  Oh, and Illinois won today.  That's always a favorite!

4.  Spring Break.  I love that I still celebrate Spring Break as an adult.  It is only three short working days away and I am in desperate need of some R & R and some time away from my students.  I also get to my sister, Matt, and this cute little guy.  Needless to say, I am excited!



5. Nights out.  Last week some friends of mine got engaged and a bunch of us headed out to celebrate that, among other things.  It was a great night!



6.  Staff Development that really works.  Last week we had an early release and during our Staff Development time that day we were supposed to work on collegiality and workplace collaboration.  Normally, these days are a whole lot of meetings.  This time, they took us bowling!!  They put us on teams with other teachers we didn't know, they had door prizes, and they got us a cake!  What a way to boost workplace moral!! It was so fun!



7.  Dunkin Donuts.  There is a new one opening a mere .5 miles from my house in two weeks!  Ahhhh.  I'm gonna go broke!  But I cannot wait.  Even better - my neighbor is the owner.  He loves giving me coupons!!  




No comments: