"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, March 11, 2013

Krazy for Kale

This week I made Kale chips for the first time ever.  I know I may be a little late jumping on the whole "kale train", but it's better late, than never, right?

Kale is a vegetable, right?  So if I can eat it and get my salty fix, instead of eating chips or Better Cheddars, I'm am game to give it a try!  I was at a pot-luck dinner with my friends last week and one of the girls brought Kale chips and believe it or not, I could not get enough of them!  Even better? - she said they were super easy to make!  So, I figured if it's easy, I could give it a try and hope to not mess it up too bad.

Here is what I did...

Take fresh kale and cut off the thick middle stems.  Tear it into bite-size pieces.   Spread them onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle olive oil on top.  Add salt, to taste.




Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes or until the edges are brown.




That's it!!  And, they tasted pretty good.  I recommend you give it a try.


1 comment:

Ashley Elizabeth said...

Good Morning Lauren,
I'm not sure if you saw my comment a few posts back or not, but I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can find all of the information on the post located on my blog From Ashley to Awesome. The Liebster Nomination is a chance for small/new bloggers to gain more exposure.

http://ashley-to-awesome.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

Have a great day!