"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pinterest Pancakes

I tried these on a whim about a week ago and I don't think I will ever make normal pancakes again.  They are healthy and they are amazingly delicious.  They will make you re-think pancakes forever.





Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup cottage cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and that's your batter!  Cook 'em up like you would any other pancake!



They are phenomenal.  They taste like a cinnamon french toast, and you cannot taste the cottage cheese at all! (I was worried about that.)

The website, biggest-loser-recipes.com also has some nutrition facts, which is always fun when they look like this:   3 servings, 181 calories & 2.7 grams of fat.  Not too shabby.

23 comments:

Carol said...

Those pancakes look awesome. I can't wait to try them.I looked up oatmeal and it says it is essentially gluten free but most companies that produce oatmeal use the same assembly plants for non gluten free products so if you want truely gluten free you have to buy "gluten free oatmeal".

Lauren said...

Thanks Mom!

Paula said...

Yum! These look delicious.

Altina Bangidza said...

Great pancakes. Been hsving them for breakfast. Wont taste the cottage cheese. Instead of 6 egg whites im using 3 eggs.

See it, Make it! said...

I just made these and they were great! I love that it is a pancake morphed with french toast. Yum-o!!

Anonymous said...

What would be a good substitute for the cottage cheese? Just ran out. Would cream cheese work? Thanks, these look awesome!

Lyndsay said...

Greek yogurt would work

Anonymous said...

Same amount of Greek yogurt as cottage cheese?

Sherie Ross said...

Yours are thick & fluffy looking. Mine are thin & flat! They taste great and I will def make again, but how do I make them as thick as yours?
Thanks for the recipe - yum!

Anonymous said...

Any carb info?

Amanda Kaake said...

I found out if i let the batter sit for 15 minutes and make smaller pancakes, they are thicker/higher :) Thanks for this recipe!

Relnjxx said...

Theses are my new favorite! I call them my magic pancakes. They are a great way to have a yummy breakfast with lots of protein and low calories! I also like to add lemon zest and blueberries.....

Anonymous said...

Carbs in them?

Tyler Mulford said...

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiber

Calista Rankin said...

Can u freeze them to toast later?

Robin said...

How many pancakes are 1 serving?

Anonymous said...

Can you use the yolks as well, or will this change the outcome?

Anonymous said...

how many servings does this recipe make?

Jaimini Patel said...

I am allergic to eggs. Is there anything I can use to replace that?

Joan said...

Try ricotta has less salt.

Leslie Lim said...

I read your blog.I thought it was great.. Hope you have a great day. God bless.

Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Anonymous said...

I am diabetic, I only count the oatmeal for carbs. 1 cup of oatmeal is 54 carbs. I used Splenda instead of sugar. One pancake would be 18 carbs.

Shay said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I was wondering if there was a replacement for the cottage cheese as I am dairy free as well. Thanks in advance!