"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, April 12, 2013

Adult Spring Break Part 2

Last weekend my sister, Matt, and Ben came into town and we headed to the beach for some fun in the sun!  Wonderful - except the weather was not sunny and kind of cold.  It did not matter to us though because we were on vacation!  We ate a lot of really good food, got our nails done (well just Paula and I), took some long walks, and watched some amazing TV.  I am now hooked on Homeland.  I need to figure out how I can get my hands on Season 2.  If you have any suggestions for me, please share!

The first two days were pretty cold and rainy, but our condo was awesome and we had so much fun just lounging around.  We even took Ben down to the beach and stuck his feet in the water.  It might have been a little cold ;)



The dunk...He loved it.  Well, until he felt the cold.  But then he loved it again.  He must be related to us. 


The condo was pretty nice and we had some fun rolling around on the floor with Ben and sitting on the porch in the sun.







I think we ate our weight in fried seafood.  We found some great restaurants with some amazing views!




Ben was the best behaved baby I have ever been to a restaurant with.  He loved to read the menu's, but he hated when his mom tried to read over his shoulder.  


Finally it warmed up and the sun came out!! Warning - there are a lot of pictures - I'm obsessed with Ben.














He did not want to leave on Sunday and neither did we!


One of my favorite parts of the week was bedtime with Ben. 




Can we go back?  It went by so fast.  But I loved every minute.  This year has taught me just how important family is and I did not want our weekend to end.



1 comment:

Paula said...

awww lets go back!!!! we had such a great time and miss you tons! love you lots...p,m,&b