"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Favorites

1. FAMILY!  I get to see them in just a few hours!!  Prayers that everything goes well today.



2. Getting to hang out with friends and serving a great cause!  The past two weekends I have had some really good nights with some really great friends.  Last weekend was the fundraiser at the aquatic center.  I got to see some friends that I haven't seen in a really long time and it was so fun!   This past weekend I went to see Lyle Lovett at an outdoor concert and once again, it was for a great cause.  We had VIP passes and took part in the silent auction to help raise money for yet another, great cause.  I love fundraisers!!  Lyle Lovett was pretty good and the bands that opened were really great.



3.  Prom.  In high school it was so fun.  As a teacher, it's not quite the same type of excitement, but there is something so nice about seeing your students all dressed up and ready to impress.  I also love my new friends that I've found at work.

Twins!


4.  The south.  I love that I have a pair of cowboy boots that I actually wear.  Often.  They are pretty awesome and when I wear them I feel like I can conquer the world.


5.  Raleigh.  This view is one of my favorites and it's even better at night.  I went to dinner at Gravvy with two of my friends this week and got this lovely view on the way in.




No comments: