"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chicago: Part 1

I headed to Chicago two weeks ago for 9 whole days!  What a treat! The first few days there I hung out with my parents in the suburbs.

I relaxed, I slept in, I ran a bit, and I got to spend some quality time with the parental units.  It was so nice to relax and chat with them. We got to enjoy dinner on the deck and one night I tried a new recipe!!



The recipe includes watermelon, avacado, goat cheese, fresh basil, and balsamic vinaigrette.  It was so good!  I can't take credit for it, I was just trying to recreate the salad we had tried at Poole's Diner. 

It was pretty good!  Not exact, but a winner for sure.  

2 comments:

Meghan said...

That sounds yummy! We'll have to try it sometime! :)

Lauren said...

Thanks Meg! It is delicious! Let's have a girls night and make it :)