"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chicago: Part 2

After a few great day in the burbs, I headed downtown Chicago!  The first night I met up with my friends Colleen and Rob.  Colleen and I swam together at Illinois and it was so good to see her and catch up.

We headed to "Jazzin' at the Shedd".  The Shedd is the aquarium in Chicago and during the summer, on Wednesday nights, they offer later hours.  During the late hours they provide live jazz music and cocktails!  It was so much fun!  It was actually cheaper than a normal trip to the Shedd because we just paid for the evening pass instead of the full day pass (who woulda thought?!).  To make up for the money we saved, however, we paid a little extra to be able to touch the stingrays!!


Colleen and I at the stingray exhibit.

I touched a stingray!  Slimey. 

Check out all those armbands!


No comments: