"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, August 19, 2013

Random Stuff About Me


My friend Meghan at ChampagneandSuburbs tagged me in her blog post and I decided to go out on a limb and answer a few questions for y'all. 

Here are the questions and I get to pick 6 to answer.

1. What is one of your silly quirks? Or something silly that you get excited about.
2. Favorite movie, song, or TV show?
3. Any funny stories to share that has happened recently?
4. Tell us something we don't know about you.
5. What's your favorite beauty secret or product?
6. What's your favorite or go-to outfit? (pics please)
7. What's a personal trial you had to overcome?
8. What's a current dream that you are hoping to achieve?
9. What's the coolest thing you've made? (food, craft, anything)
10. Who or what inspires you?
11. Share one of your favorite pics. Tell us why it's your favorite
12. What's your favorite part about marriage? Or what have you learned since becoming married?

1. What is one of your silly quirks?  I twirl my hair. It's an awful habit, and it makes me look like a ditzy school-girl, but I just can't seem to make it stop. Also, if I have anything on with a zipper (coat, hoodie, etc) I have to zip it up all the way. There's two quirks for ya. I also get excited about the littlest things and have A LOT of favorites.  There are three :)

2. Favorite movie, song, or TV show?  I have a few favorites :). Favorite, in fact, is one of my favorite words (refer to #1) . My favorite movies are "10 Things I Hate About You" and "Remember the Titans". My favorite songs are "Build Me Up Buttercup" (my sisters and I used to belt it out in the car - great memories!) and  Anna Kendrick's "Cups".  My favorite songs can change by the day.  I will say that my favorite Pandora station is either the Lumineers, Zac Brown Band, or Imagine Dragons.  My favorite TV shows right now are Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, and Modern Family. 

4. Tell us something we don't know about you. I am impatient and super sensitive.  But I'm working on it. 

6. What's your favorite or go-to outfit? (pics please)  This summer I am all about comfort.  My favorite outfit is my boyfriend worn jeans from GAP with any tank and my havaianas flip flops.  Super comfy, but kinda cute, all at once.  This is the best picture I could find, and I am aware that it doesn't even show the outfit. Whoops.



9. What's the coolest thing you've made? (food, craft, anything) I made a ruffled tree skirt a few years ago that I absolutely love. I can't wait to get it out and around the tree each year!  Link

I also made a headboard for my bed and I am very proud of myself for doing it. I made several trips to the hardware store and spent, literally, hours hammering in the tacks around the edges. I love it!! Link


11. Share one (or two?) of your favorite pics. Tell us why it's your favorite... 


I love this picture because it has my sisters, my mom, and my grandma in it and we just don't get all of us together all that often anymore now that we are older. It is special.

This picture was taken on one of our girl trips with my best friends from high school.  It was such a great trip and I still smile when I see it.  I want to go back...



There you are, I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

OMG! That ruffle tree skirt was on my list of things to make for Christmas this year! I am definitely using your tutorial!