"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chicago: Part 3

After the night at the Shedd, I headed to Paula and Matt's to see my favorite nephew!!  I was so excited to see him that I almost woke him up when I got back, at 11:00.  Paula urged me not too and I obliged because I knew that if I could only wait until morning, we could have a whole day together - just the two of us!  It was so fun to get some quality time with the little guy.  Paula kept Ben home from the nanny and I got to be nanny for the day!!

First we hung out on the couch and clapped and sang while I got to enjoy my coffee.

When Ben got sick of my singing and I let him dance to his real favorite tunes. 

After that I got him dressed in a super cute outfit and we hung around for the condo for a bit, playing with super interesting things like luggage.

But when he started to torment Chief we headed outside and hit the pavement. 

Ben, Chief, and myself.  
Taking a dog and a baby for a walk is more work than it looks!

Had to do a walk-by of one of my favorite places :)  Wrigley Field.


After the walk, Ben decided we needed a selfie (or two), so we hung out on the porch to warm up from the igloo and took some amazing pictures.  What can I say? We are pretty photogenic :)


I'm going to see how many posts I can make this one trip... Just. You. Watch. 


3 comments:

Meghan said...

Ben is such a cutie! By the way, I'm going the next time you go to Chicago!

Lauren said...

Please do!!! Thanks :)

Paula said...

first off our place is not an igloo :-) secondly i love these pictures and hearing all the details of your day!!! we love you!