"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, September 9, 2013

Chicago: Part 5


On Saturday, I headed to Stacey's to meet up with my aunt and uncle, who were in town.  My parents also met us there.  We played tourists for the day!!


Stacey and I.

The All-American Girl Store was a must.  For real, my cousin had to stop by to make reservations for when her niece came into town the following week. But I do have to say, little girls these days, have it made.

Then we headed to Navy Pier to see the Tall Ships. 

And then it was time for the water taxi!








After that, we headed out to the 'burbs for some relaxing and a bonfire!!



The perfect end, to a perfect day.  

And then I got old... 


I think she was worried someone would forget to say this... But it wouldn't be a birthday (or any holiday, for that matter) without it.  I love my family!  Thanks Cath!


On my actual birthday I got to spend the whole day with my mom.  We shopped and we hung out on the back porch and read.  I couldn't have planned a better day.  

Birthday dinner with my cousin Maggie and my Aunt and Uncle.  

I don't think I could have asked for a better trip home!!  I want to go back.



No comments: