"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Year, Fit Me



In January I made a pact with myself to get fit.  I have been fit for most of my life with swimming and running, but towards the end of 2013, I really let that slip.  I ran a half marathon in October, and I think I worked out three times between then and the first of the new year.  Not good.  

Ground rules... 
- work out at least 4 times a week
- eat lots of fruits and vegtables
- do more yoga
- less TV and more music
- do less, take time each day to breathe and relax
- run at least twice a week
  
Motivation on bad days... 
- Cartagena
- Summer
- Fitbit
- Friends 
- Sisters

I'm hoping this will work and I will keep track of my progress here.  I have everything I need to succeed, now all I need to do is get it done.  Some days I am really motivated and some days, well, I am not.  I'm working on my consistency. Here is how it played out for the last two weeks... 

Sunday: 4 mile run
Monday: 3 mile run
Tuesday: squats, push-ups and abs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: off
Friday: 2 mile run
Saturday: 3 mile run
Sunday: 1500 yard swim
Monday: off
Tuesday: abs, squats
Wednesday: off
Thursday: off
Friday: off
Saturday: 2 mile walk
Sunday: yin yoga

Yikes!! I started off so well, but man, I did not do a good job the second week of keeping it going.  I better step up my game!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

You know what I'm going to tell you. Let's hold ourselves accountable together! Lots of love to you girlfriend.

champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Thanks, Meg! You are a great motivator!