"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, June 15, 2015

First Race of 2015

This weekend I participated in a 10 mile run in Chicago and it was so fun!


I was a little nervous leading up to the race because the last time I ran over 8 miles was in 2013.  October of 2013.  That's a long time and I had no idea if I was trained well or not.  Leading up to the race, I did two long runs of 7.5 and 8 miles and a few short runs in between.


Overall, it went really well!  I finished the race strong (on the 50 yard line of Soldier Field!!)  and I immediately went home and signed up for two more races this summer.  I couldn't contain my excitement, but now let's hope I can keep it up!


All of the running is to help prepare me for a mountain race that I am doing in September.  I was worried that I wouldn't be ready for it, so I have been signing up for more events to help keep me motivated to train and be in shape.  I assume that if I pay for it, I have to do it!

I'll leave you with a parting shot of the skyline from the south... I rarely get this point-of-view and it is rather gorgeous!  


2 comments:

Meghan said...

OMG! So pretty! Maybe we should sign up for a run next summer in Chicago. One that coincides with the Taste of Chicago festival so we can run then eat and drink our weight???? LOVE YOU! xo

Lauren said...

I'm in, let's start researching!