"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, July 13, 2015

Training Week 3


I was a wee bit better about getting my workouts in this week.  I did not get a long run in, as my training plan indicated, but I did alright.  Overall, I'm starting to feel better when I run, so that is a good sign! My legs aren't as tired, I can go for longer distances and I don't need to stop and walk at all anymore.  My average mile pace has gone from about 10:00 min/mile to around 9:30 min/mile.  My goal pace is 9:00 min/mile pace or under, so I'm getting there!!  

Here is a recap of my workouts last week: 

Monday: Off 
Tuesday: 30 minute swim
Wednesday: 3 miles + a yoga class
Thursday: 4 mile walk + weights
Friday: 2 miles 
Saturday: 5 miles + 2 mile walk
Sunday: 5.5 miles (w/tempo work) 

Total: 15.5 miles 

On Saturday, I met my sister and her family at the park before I headed out on my run.  I got to hang with my nephew and he decided he wanted to train with me for the day.  Take a look... I love this picture!


I am looking into joining a health club that has both an indoor and outdoor pool to help boost my training and give me an option for cross training/recovery days.  I tried out the rooftop option this week and while it was super fun to swim outside, it was only a 17 yard pool!  It gave me just enough space for a decent streamline, 5 strokes, and a flip.  I think it may be used strictly for kick sets or recovery days.  It will also help me with my summer tan. :)   The sunny weekend weather left me with some amazing runner tan lines that I'll need to work on.

Overall, it was a great week and I got to run in some beautiful weather!! Check out some of my pictures... Even though it started off cloudy, the sun definitely came out a few times! 




Time until Blue Ridge Relay: 10 weeks 
Yikes!! 

1 comment:

Meghan said...

OMG. That picture of you and B?!? Stop it! And love those scenes. Can't wait to come visit again! xo