"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, August 24, 2015

Birthday Celebrations

I am now 31.  Wowza.  I thought 30 was a breeze compared to 31.  30 was exciting and new and I planned so many fun things.  31, on the other hand, snuck up on me and instigated a whole lot of deep thinking.  It's funny how birthdays can do that.  They put things in perspective, make you set goals and aspirations, and they also give you a healthy dose of realism. 

This years celebrations included a family weekend in the burbs, complete with a bonfire... 






That was followed by a fun-filled weekend in the city kicked off with a celebration at work and dinner with the family, then on to the Air and Water Show, rooftop fun, and a Cubs vs. Sox game! 












Overall, I am a lucky gal.  My family and friends are amazing!  They always know how to make me feel very special and loved. 

1 comment:

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

Yay for 31! You are a beaut and I'm so glad you're in my life! Love you, boo! xoxo