"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Training: Week 6



This week was a little rough.  I do hope that isn't becoming a theme here.  I got to days of double runs in, but missed my long run.  This week I am back at it already and getting in those miles! 
Weekly Re-Cap

Sunday: swim
Monday: 5 + 4.5 miles 
Tuesday: swim 
Wednesday: off 
Thursday: 3 + 3.5 miles 
Friday: walk on the riverwalk
Saturday: water skiing 

Total: 16 miles 

As you can see I am counting water skiing this week as a workout.  I had the luck of joining some of my friends on their boat on Saturday and it was fabulous!  To be completely honest though, I feel really old right about now.  On Sunday morning I could barely move.  I felt like a truck had run me over.  When did I get so old and frail?!  It's now Monday night and I still feel sore, but it's finally getting better.  Apparently those were muscles that I haven't used in years.  

Either way, it was totally worth it, here are some pictures from the day. 












1 comment:

Meghan said...

Look at you, girlfriend! Also, you ran 9 miles this week after being sore! You're a rockstar, as always. Miss you so much! xo