"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, August 24, 2015

Training: Week 9

The perfect setting for a recovery swim!
Week 9 was a great week!  My friend and I have become each other's accountability partners in regards to training and it has kept me honest about my workouts.  We text each other after each workout and if we haven't heard from the other in a while, we know to check in. Knowing that she's going to be asking about my workouts really motivates me. 

This week I was back up in mileage and it felt great.  Maybe a rest week was just what I needed?  :) 

Weekly Re-Cap: 
Monday: 2.5 + 2.5 miles 
Tuesday: off 
Wednesday: 8 miles + 30 min swim 
Thursday: 2 miles + 2 games of beach volleyball 
Friday: off 
Saturday: off 
Sunday: 14.5 miles (first 7 were hills!) 

Total: 29.5 miles 

This week also marked the start of my dry month!  Hopefully that will help my morning runs :) 

My long Saturday run was done in St. Charles again and it was a cool morning, with a threat of rain. To me, that was the perfect forecast! The rain held off and I got a lovely long jog in while I enjoyed the cooler weather.   I don't know about you, but I actually love running in rain.  Weird? maybe.





Countdown to BRR: 3.5 weeks!  AHHHHHHH! Sh*ts getting real.

1 comment:

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

Hwo do you look so good when you run?! I look like I'm dying! xo